Monday, August 23, 2010

Compelled

Yesterday evening we headed to church at the Mars Hill Bellevue campus. This is the Mars Hill pastored by Mark Driscoll (and not in any affiliation with Rob Bell), and though we've only managed to go sporadically due to Matt's work schedule, we really like it.  Pastor Mark doesn't really hold anything back, but speaks truth in love.

This was last nights' sermon and for some reason I just felt compelled to share it with you.  It is a full sermon so grab a cup of coffee and a Bible if you want and settle in.

I have to say I've never really paused on this portion of the scripture. After having gone through private Christian education from Kindergarten through graduating college, I feel like I've got a pretty thorough grasp on things. I'll never understand everything fully, but most sermons sound vaguely familiar and it irritates the heck out of me when its so elementary I feel I could have written that sermon in junior high. I'm done with baby bottles, where's the meat???

Well I got some meat last night. And thought I'd give you a taste.

Okay the embedded one isn't working, so here's the link:

http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/luke/jesus-before-all

You can watch it there or even download it to your ipod (or ipad or droid or whatever you have)

No comments:

Post a Comment