Saturday, October 8, 2011

A Little More Rock n' Roll

Finally.  I've been running around trying to unpack, organize, take care of Tatum who hasn't been feeling so well, and get settled into this next (short) chapter of living with my parents for a month or two. 

Pant, pant, pant.

I asked my brother (who has been living in Oklahoma since August) what he thought of the place, and he said:

If Orange County is techno and hip hop, Oklahoma is a little more country and rock n' roll.

Great comparison.  And I have to say I'm enjoying a little more rock n' roll in my life.

When I walked to Walmart with Tatum in a stroller, four women stopped to oogle and fawn over her in the 10 minutes I spent in the store.  I hadn't realized in Seattle people hardly ever commented on her...it was almost like the stroller was invisible (especially in the mall on labor day weekend...yikes).

A neighbor came over with banana bread batter all over her clothes and asked to borrow a loaf pan.  I invited her in while I looked for one and she just chatted away and promised to bring us some bread before hurrying away with a "thank y'all!"  In the year and a half we lived in an apartment in Seattle no one ever borrowed anything...and I was too shy to ask to borrow anything myself.

Matt was in customer service workshops yesterday and said it was so refreshing that when a funny video clip was shown, people weren't too cool to laugh.  And I mean, really laugh loud.

So week one of Oklahoma living, and we're liking it a lot.  Its supposed to thunder and lightning today, which is awesome.  While Seattle may have had rain, I can count on one hand the times I heard thunder in nearly three years. I like me some weather.

Anyways, here's a couple pics of my Tater Tot...the camera has mostly been on the shelf this past week while we've been getting situated!





I am so blessed to have a husband who provides for me to be a stay at home mom.  Yesterday when she obviously wasn't feeling great, I could just sit in a rocking chair and hold her until she fell asleep, and then keep on holding her.  Last night Matt and I got our first real date night in 10 weeks, and I got to (tearfully) thank him for that. You don't get those moments back.

And so we're here.  Hokey Okies just rock n' rollin our baby, and loving it.


No comments:

Post a Comment