Friday, March 25, 2011

What Must Eve Have Thought?



First off, let's leave out the whole part about how she got pregnant in the first place. I'm sure there was more humor than anything else...

Second, what must she have thought when her belly expanded and she was throwing up every time she smelled a grapefruit and was making Adam hunt for a wild goat because she just HAD TO HAVE roast goat that night? Did she think she was losing it when she couldn't remember which wine skins were old and which were new?

I'm sure she saw the actual progression of getting pregnant, a belly growing, and birth just in the animals that surrounded her. But that horse can't explain how bad its back hurt or that the flatulence was nearly unbearable or how uncomfortable it was to sleep.

She had no one to give her "when I was pregnant" stories or suggest ginger to help with nausea.

Did Adam give her foot rubs? I sure hope so...

And how did they cut the umbilical cord? Isn't that thing pretty fibrous?

So many questions run through my mind of what it must have been like for her with each new phase of pregnancy. 

Did she worry about stretch marks or did she have no self-image issues at all since she had no one to compare herself to?

Just some random thoughts going through my head as we pass into week 23 and Matt and I can watch little girl moving and kicking around inside my belly.

And lastly, did she find relief from back pain in a tree like this?

2 comments: