Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Blur

The past two weeks have been an absolute blur. Since there's no way I could sum it up I'm going to do it in bites.

Week 43


Standing on her own a LOT. Looking for that first step any day!

Loves to play

Peek-a-


BOO!!!


And peeeek-a-


BOOOO!


We do this all day...


I don't mind.


Roy gets a bit tired of it, though.


Later this same day the skies grew cloudy...and ominous...


That's from our backyard.

A few hours later we were in the bathtub, in the dark, Matt piling pillows and blankets on top of us as hail thundered down.

Matt asked above the thundering noise if I was nervous.

I said no.

Then it got very quiet.

And I said yes.

Half a block away ten power lines snapped in half, one landing on top of a gas station, one trapping a family in their home.  

A hotel in Edmond was struck by lightning and burned to the ground. 

One of our favorite restaurants along Lake Hefner was also struck and burned.

It was a bit intense, folks.

Luckily Tatum had fun playing with the weather radio and trying to get her helmet off.


That night I packed for our trip to Orange County in the dark. We left the next day, thanking the Good Sweet Lord we skirted more severe weather!

Tatum was a squirrely twirly wiggly girl on the plane.

But she didn't cry.

No one wanted to throw us off the plane.

A childhood friend got married and we were blessed to lend our hands to prepare the wedding and reception site...


My Jr High youth pastor married them...when he was my pastor he had a long ponytail and it threw me to see him a bit gray and wearing glasses! That means I'm getting older too?!

We got to see lots of friends, family, and family friends. And friendly family. All of which are good.

And I got to do the two things I wanted to before we left.

1.
In-N-Out


2.
Go to the beach.


Tatum dipping her toes in the ocean for the first time!

Twirling








My Mama#2 Charlene

Looking at sand crabs crawling off my hand



I think it was a bit chilly for Tatum as she kept drawing her legs up in oh-so-delicate a fashion.

So there you have it.

We're home, and Tatum now has an ear infection, runny nose, diaper rash and is teething on top of it all.

And life continues to be a blur, which makes me grateful for snapshots of wonderful days like this.


2 comments:

  1. One of my favorites yet! So glad to see you two laughing and twirling and having fun in the ocean. Can't wait to get out there and see you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Charissa. :) I love seeing your updates and how you're adjusting to new moments in life.

    ReplyDelete