Friday, June 29, 2012

Water Joy

Yesterday while taking out the trash, I decided to make sure the side gate was locked and squish. My foot sunk into a mud puddle.

Remember this?


Well the place the men fixed is still fine.  This was/is a new location.

Oh joy.

This afternoon, when our backyard was shaded by the house and Tatum was covered in banana and melon, we headed outside to the little splash pool to cool off and have some fun.


Tatum feeling the water coming out of the hose...it was pretty funny.

Then I took the hose and moved it over her head. 

Like the appalled look she's got going on here? 

How could you, Mother???



Here she's rehearsing to play the first female Oliver.

Please, sir, may I have some more?


Roy was close by as usual.


Gettin' a little gray there, dog.

Then Tatum had some more fun with the hose...









And then we moved on to playing with chalk.

Look Mama!



Can I eat it?


I'll just scootch around and get my cute butt really dirty instead...


Tatum has learned to push her truck around and that trucks go "brrrroooooom." So the chalk was a truck, in this scenario.


This is her favorite way to sit...and bounce...


And maybe I have way too many pictures, but I don't want to forget the sweet shape of her head,  the fullness of her cheeks, or the way her fine hair curls at the nape of her neck.


After splashing and squirting and dunking and playing in water for nearly an hour, we headed inside for a warm bath.

Later on, I filled a few bottles and the sun tea jar with water to get us through the water going off while my and Matt fixed the pipe again.

Only its a different pipe. And they (and the guys at Lowe's) don't know how to fix it.

And when Matt left to take a shower at my parents I walked into the garage to discover a pool of water coming from under the base of the inside AC unit. It might be a slab leak, and we put in a call to our home warranty...but we won't know anything until tomorrow.

And so we're still without water.

Thinking back to earlier today I'm grateful I bathed Tatum when I did, left the pool full since Roy's drinking out of that, and I'm thankful that on a regular basis we do have running water. I've turned the faucet on so many times by force of habit...I don't realize how often I do it to clean something sticky off my hands or rinse the toothpaste down the drain or get a glass of water before bed. 

So if you think of it, say a little prayer our plumbing issues will be resolved quickly and as painlessly (financially speaking) as possible. By tomorrow I will be very, very thankful for water.

No comments:

Post a Comment