Sunday, August 28, 2011

Reprieve

I think God knows when we're at our limit and sends us a reprieve.

Yesterday was a long, hard, exhausting day.  When Matt got home at 8:45 I sprang at the chance to get out and go pick up some diapers (my 3 1/2 week old is already in size 2 diapers!), and Matt graciously said to take my time and he could handle her fussiness. I grabbed my keys and ran out the door--teeth unbrushed, face still unwashed, hair in a scraggly pony tail, spit up on both shoulders and pen marks on my boob from trying to finish thank you notes with Tatum on my shoulder (not sure how pen ended up there but it was a struggle).

After a stop to get a large diet coke and an order of curly fries, I got the diapers, some cute barrettes because Tatum's hair is getting out of control, and a six pack of Mirror Pond Pale Ale that was very much appreciated.  By the time I got home I was ready to hold my sweet baby girl again...even when she wasn't acting too sweet.

Last night, Tatum graciously slept from 2:45 until 7:30, letting me get a wonderful 5 hours of sleep! And today she took long naps in her car seat and stroller, and Matt and I got to go to church, Target, lunch at Panera Bread, a nice drive along Lake Washington, and a nice looooong walk in the glorious sunshine! And her awake times have been minimally fussy! Thank You Lord!




Ahhhh, days like this make days like yesterday sooooo worth it!



No comments:

Post a Comment