Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Tatum's Third Week


Here's my little Tater Tot at 3 weeks old.  This time three weeks ago we were just arriving at the birth center and I was sinking into the hot bath and thanking the sweet Lord Jesus for it!

This past week has been our first full week just us three here.  Matt's gone back to work and I've been learning to vacuum one-handed.  I'v learned the Moby wrap and the Ergo baby have been absolutely essential to getting anything done, as Miss Tatum doesn't like to be put down for long...like for these weekly pictures.  Besides this yawn picture we don't have one picture of the 60-some-odd pictures where she isn't frowning!

The past 4 or 5 nights she's decided to be a grumpy night owl and stay awake from 8 until 2ish, eat every 20-40 minutes, sleep for 5 minutes and fuss in between.  At least she makes up for it and sleeps until 11 or 12 the next day, and she's (sometimes) sleeping for 4-6 hours at night--hallelujah!

On another random note, I finally finished what was supposed to be my "early labor project" - this puzzle!  Only thing was my early labor lasted less than an hour before I was in full swing active labor, so Beth and I got this out during week 2 to finally finish!  Its of Vail, Colorado, which is where Matt and I went on our honeymoon.  




It felt like Disneyland covered with snow--such fun!

But you didn't come here to see pictures of a puzzle or our honeymoon - you came for Tatum!  So here's a few from the past week of our little Tater Tot:


We got an activity mat that Roy seems to like as much as Tatum does...


a little Daddy/daughter time


its a lot of work holding that head up...


Roy is still protector of the realm


Isn't this cloth diaper the cutest?! Thanks Chad & Karli!




Dad's knees make a good bouncer substitute






Roy is beginning to take over the activity mat...


That's all for now!

1 comment: