Monday, February 20, 2012

Bananas and Birthdays

This, my friends, is my 200th post.

Much like Tatum sitting on her potty in this picture, that makes me happy.


I'm warning you--this post is picture heavy! But how can one resist with a face like this?



Matt's birthday was last Saturday, and his mom Beth flew into town that evening.  

After an intense observation period, she warmed up to Grandma Beth.




After Matt blowing out his candles and opening his presents, we gave Tatum her first taste of real food--banana baby food.  Until now she's only had rice or oatmeal mixed with breast milk or formula.

This was her initial reaction.


Not the biggest fan at first.  She did warm up to it a little bit...but not much!


Yesterday we kicked the boys out under the pretense of watching Downton Abbey and having a girls day.  This meant they high-tailed it out of there, and once they left my mom and I let Beth in on the secret...we were throwing Matt a surprise party that night!

A Mountain Man/Lumberjack party!

(to our credit, we did watch two episodes of Downton Abbey as well)


We had a beard bar...


of which even Tatum partook...


and a campfire cake...


and of course Roy was there in all the excitement...


We had a great turnout (actually, more than I expected!), and noshed on BBQ beef, played games, and had a great time!


here Buddy is portraying...something...in charades...

See how much plaid and outdoorsy stuff people were wearing! LOVED it!


my family is far from the norm...

...and even Matt partook of a felt beard though he was equipped with one himself...


...although he couldn't bring himself to kiss me while I was wearing a beard.  I think I'm pretty okay with that, lol.

Thanks to everyone who came out to show your love and appreciation to Matt--we had SO much fun with you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. The night looks like a total success! I wish I could've been there! Love you all and thank you for the many photos and words you share with everyone. It warms my heart :)

    ReplyDelete