Monday, January 25, 2010

WC Days 9, 10 & 11

Well I haven't given up on my challenge--I just have been too lazy to post pictures!
Here was Friday, Day 9































Clients in town so at least that made some sort of an excuse for wearing my dress pants. The top was a gift from my ever-so-trendy brother many years ago and the bracelet was another $1 find in Target.

Saturday I spent most of the day cleaning (Matt had to work all weekend) so you can't blame me for not wanting to take a picture of myself in cleaning pajamas with rubber gloves and a work apron! That night I did go out for groceries and that gave me and excuse to get dressed. I decided to tackle one of the main things looming in my wardrobe future...my one pair of shorts!

Day 10

It was 44 degrees outside and riding down the elevator with a neighbor who was bundled in a hat, scarves, gloves and an overcoat I got some odd looks. In the grocery store the strange looks continued--whether from thinking what an idiot I was or admiration for my ability to withstand the cold (haha)--I'll never know. But when I handed my CA drivers license to the cashier she did make an "ahh" sound as if to say, "Ah, she's a Californian, that explains the shorts in January."

At least I can check that one off my list.

And yesterday, Day 11, I never technically got dressed (besides pajamas) at all! With all that good football goin' on it was hard to want to leave the house! (gotta insert here that I'm bummed for Favre but at least now I know who to root for in the Superbowl--go Peyton! But then again the Saints have never been...maybe its not so clear...)

I did, however, go for a run with Roy. It was only drizzling when we left but by the time we got home it was pouring...but if people never ran in the rain in Seattle, they'd never run at all!

Day 11

I'm going to have to cycle through my workout clothes, though, otherwise in the whole two months (or however long I can go) this takes I'll only workout 5 times!

Charity spotlight for today goes to Churches Helping Churches - thanks to my dear friend Stephanie Larsen for speaking up!

Started by Mars Hill Pastor Mark Driscoll and Pastor James Macdonald, their "mission is to help rebuild destroyed churches in Haiti, and help plant new churches in Haiti."

For some reason I can't get the webpage to open today and the link to Mars Hill to donate to Haiti isn't working, but you can find more information about it on the Mars Hill blog:
http://blog.marshillchurch.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment