Monday, September 5, 2011

The Cliffs of Insanity

LOOK you see? The Cliffs of Insanity! Hurry UP! Move the thing! And hoist...that other thing!



If you don't know this quote I don't think I can count you as a friend any longer.  Okay, maybe I won't go that drastic, but you really should check out The Princess Bride.

Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles... its got it all.

But I digress.

The reason for this title is I feel the next two weeks will be akin to scaling the cliffs of insanity.  Matt has gotten a job at Mid-America Christian University in Oklahoma City.  We'll be able to live close to family (actually we'll be at my parents for a month or so), Matt's schedule will actually be normal so we can plan on things like a weekly Bible study or Friday date nights, cost of living is much more doable on one income, and if I wanted/needed to get a part time job I would have family who could watch Tatum, Matt will be able to get his MBA and I could even get another BA in Literature (my true love, though I don't regret my Communication major). All of this in Oklahoma City.

That's in Oklahoma, folks.

And we're pulling out of Seattle on Monday, September 19th.  That gives us two weeks to pack up, and about two weeks to drive the nearly 3,000 miles out there.

Inconceivable?

Nah.

It'll just take a miracle.




1 comment:

  1. Holy Moley! Lots going on and I'm so excited for you. Wish I were closer to help you pack. TRAVEL SAFELY OR ELSE. :)

    ReplyDelete