Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Not a Neutral Gal

Hi.

My name is Kait.

I'm a Pinterestaholic.

I'm loving pinning things to boards about my home decor style, crafty ideas, being a chic mama and amazing pictures of places I'd love to visit.

But I've noticed a huge trend lately.  Actually, in Seattle at least, its been going on for a couple of years.

Its this obsession with neutrals.

Gray is the newest chic color.

There are gray bedrooms.



Gray living rooms.




Gray bathrooms.




Even gray nurseries!



Then there's this other trend.

The all neutrals trend.







Call it what you will--cream, taupe, beige, brown, gray...they are all neutrals.

As in Switzerland.

As in lack of infusing opinion.

And that's not just me.

Give me COLOR!















Aren't these space fun? You walk in and it tells you right away the kind of person who lives there.

And maybe some of these pictures are not your style (they're not necessarily all mine), but then...that's the point, isn't it? They're not your style...but they definitely are someone else's!

So, sorry, Trend of 2011-12.  I'm not buyin'.

What about you? Do you like lots of color? Or brain dead calming neutrals? Or a happy medium?

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog via Small Notebook and your post made me smile. SO TRUE! Who wants gray inside when there's so much of it outside for most of the year! I even have a color board on Pinterest. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete